Truck Drivers: The Backbone of Every Supply Chain
In case you haven’t heard, it’s Truck Driver Appreciation Week, the national event we spend thanking truck drivers for everything they do day in and day out. By Shannon Glunk | SupplyChain247
- Just about every supply chain uses trucks to move their goods.
- In fact, 70% of all freight tonnage moved in the U.S. goes on trucks.
- Until driverless trucks pick up momentum in the marketplace, that means that 70% of all freight tonnage is in the hands of a truck driver (or truck drivers) at some point in the journey from origin to destination.
- At a basic level, truck drivers are the essential foundation for supply chain expertise.
- They’re the ones who know how to avoid road closures and anticipate rush hour traffic.
- They’re the ones who use mobile technology to keep shippers apprised of the location of shipments at any given time.
And so today we salute their hard work, their commitment, and their knowledge with a fun infographic dedicated to truck driving.